But as far as this blog post goes, that's the boring part. We then spent a few minutes looking at some characteristics about this group and thought there were a few interesting nuggets to share:
- 38% of the most active traders are also the most active market creators;
- The public marketplace has a hardcore following that has been around awhile. All of the most active traders joined before 2009, and only 4 of the most active market creators joined during 2009;
- 80 of the 100 most active traders have created at least one market of their own;
- The trader with the highest balance has also created the most markets;
- Most of the most active traders are still active. 86 of the 100 made at least 1 trade this year;
- The most number of trades anyone has made as of today is 28,791. They have created 16 markets; and
- The most active traders know that getting in to a market early can be an advantage. Only 6 of the 100 have shut their email alerts off.